Monday, September 17, 2007

Dreamz

Rob has been working like crazy. Practically every night for the last several weeks (with the exception of our trip to Buffalo) he has been working from morning til night. And he's worked most every Saturday too. It is lonely in the apartment all by myself all the time. Well, I have the cats. I wish I had a backyard. Anyway, I am 12 pages away from finishing Harry Potter 6. Maybe tomorrow I will finally start the 7th book. I'm so behind.

On a completely other topic just for fun: do you ever have recurring dreams? I have this one recurring dream that I had yet again last night. It is never exactly the same. The place, time and details change every time but it always has the same theme. The dream is that it is the morning and I am going to go to school. It is always the first day back to school for a new year or after a long break. In every dream I cannot find my class schedule and have no idea when and where my classes are. I usually get very frantic as I try to figure out what I'm going to do. I try to make plans whether it is to create a new schedule or keep searching for my lost one etc etc. Sometimes I find the schedule but it makes no sense to me or I don't know where these classrooms are. Often I worry that if I have gym class that day, I didn't bring my gym clothes with me. Why would this dream be recurring to me? I don't go to school. I don't have a schedule. Its interesting. I get it about once every month or so. So how bout you? Do you have recurring dreams?

4 Comments:

At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, it's funny...my mom still has the EXACT same dream you described, and she hasn't been in school for 30+ years. I wonder if you'll still be having this one for that long. :)

I have maybe 4 or 5 recurring dreams. The most common one involves going into a huge mansion, walking up into the attic, opening a treasure box, and gaining the ability to fly through space. After flying for a while, I wind up in some oceanic location such as Florida. I've been having this dream constantly for maybe 11 years (and my mom actually says she has this one, too). Plus, there's the one lately about going back to my senior year of high school, which I wrote about once on my MySpace blog. Agh, yeah, school dreams are weird.

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

And I had another dream last night. Once again it was the first day of school. I was in class and they assigned us projects to work with a partner. We were going to be the second group to present our projects to the class and we only had two days to do it all. I was stressing out about it in my regular stressed yet calm way.
What's with me so often dreaming about school? And I'm usually stressed about something there. Oh well.

 
At 2:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I also dream about being in high school and not knowing if it is a gym day or not. I also dream that I don't have my schedule and can't remember which room to go to for my next class.

Oh, I dream about playing my french horn in high school too. Sometimes I can't locate my horn and it's time to begin playing soon.

I guess one of these dreams occurs once every few months. It's weird, but it seems to happen to everyone.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marilyn says... I used to have school dreams a lot, and often I either couldn't find my locker or couldn't remember my combination. Sometimes I have dreams that I'm in an elevator and it's coming loose from the shaft, not falling, but sort of spinning and going sideways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home