Friday, August 24, 2007

Noone can drive.

I'm going to tell you some annoying driving stories. Why? Just because its fun to.
Driving while talking on a cell phone. Everyone does it. If I'm on the freeway and I look in each car at the driver as we pass, I can only go about 2 or 3 cars before I see another person driving and talking on a cell phone. Often, I'll see a car driving extra slow for no reason or they sway in their lane (looking like they're drunk). Sure enough, when I pass them, they are talking on a phone. I think it is really difficult to drive and concentrate on the road while also concentrating on a conversation. Its annoying.
Story number 2: Here's something that happened to me yesterday. I was on a side street coming up to a red light. There was a car in front of me. It slowed down to a complete stop leaving a bunch of room between him and the stop line for the intersection. I pull up and stop behind him to wait for the light to turn green. Suddenly his backup lights came on. I instantly threw my car into reverse and backed up just a little bit to give me a good cushion in case he did back up. Sure enough he did. He either never looked behind him and had no idea I was there or he just didn't care. Turns out he was parallel parking. Ugh. I have no idea why I didn't beep at him. I guess I was more concerned with just getting out of his way.
Another story. I was on a two lane street. (one lane per direction) I had to make a left hand turn but there were cars coming in the other direction. So I stopped in the street with my left blinker on and waited for the cars to pass. The other vehicle behind me starts beeping at me. Annoying. Could he not see that I was waiting for the cars to pass before turning?
How bout one more story. Rob and I were driving on the freeway. We were in the right lane. There was an on-ramp merging on to the freeway and a car was on it about to merge into the lane we were in. We kept up with the flow of traffic and the merging car drove right up along side us. However, his merge lane was ending. He wasn't deciding whether he was gonna speed up to get in front of us or slow down to get behind us. We kept the flow of traffic and couldn't switch lanes to let him in because there was a car on our left. So finally with no more merge lane left and a few inches between us, the car falls back while blaring the horn at us. He held the horn for a good half minute because he was angry that we didn't let him in. That was real annoying because we weren't doing anything wrong at all. He easily could have merged into our lane right behind us. Stupid people.
Drivers are idiots. Ah that was fun.

Update: I just saw on the news that 73% of people talk on cell phones while they drive. 19% text while driving!!! How can you text while driving? I think by next year, CA will put the law into effect where you need a hands free device in order to use the phone while driving.

1 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Blogger Michele said...

CA's hands-free while driving law goes in to affect July 1, 2008. Why are they waiting so long?

I heard on the radio this morning that CA is trying to pass a bill to stop kids under the age of 18 from using any sort of phone (even hands free or walkie talkies) while behind the wheel.

http://www.kcra.com/news/13989362/detail.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home