Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th Of July

Yesterday Rob and I went to Americafest at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena for the 4th Of July. It was a good time. There was food and some kiddie stuff outside the stadium. The food was extremely expensive. A coke like you get from a vending machine cost $4! Rob and I went on the field and sat on a blanket which was very nice. We weren't squished in a crowd. The stadium does not look big enough to hold a super bowl at all. It seems much smaller than the Bills stadium. Anyway, the California Philharmonic Orchestra played some songs. So did a drum and bugle corp. Very nice. The fireworks were pretty and very good. I tried to take pictures. They didn't turn out too good. I thought I was taking a video of the finale but when it was over I noticed that it wasn't recording. Bummer. The parking lot was horrible when trying to leave. We got stuck being parked against traffic so we just had to sit while watching all the other motorists try to squeeze into 2 little lanes to get out of the lot. Also yesterday before getting to the stadium, we found the houses that were used in the filming of the original Halloween movie. That was neat too.
And finally, Congratulations to my cousin Amanda and getting engaged yesterday beneath the fireworks!!
See my photo album to the right for some pictures.

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Michele said...

The firework pictures turned out nice. That's some expensive pop/soda. Do you remember what drum corp played?

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Michele said...

I found this website about the drum corp that played. http://www.dci.org/media/photo/2007/index.cfm#id=album_13&num=1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home