Sunday, May 20, 2007

California is nice but...

I've lived here now for over 2 1/2 years. Living in California is neat. It is fun to live so close to Hollywood, around all the studios, the rich and famous and all the hustle and bustle of living in LA. It is fun to tell people that I can look out my window and see the Warner Bros. lot. And a short walk or drive would take me to the Disney studios, NBC (which always has a loooong line for Leno), Universal Studios and many radio stations. It is neat to have a husband who works in that field and gets to meet some big name people. Its also neat to see a random movie/tv/promo being shot when I drive down the street and the production trucks for many shows that film here. There's a lot more to do around here too. We're going to the Hollywood Bowl pretty soon which will be fun and theres always a bunch of theme parks around to go to too. Scenery is beatiful with mountains surrounding us and the beach isn't far away either.
HOWEVER
There is so much that I miss about Buffalo too. Here's some of them:
- Snow. I miss a change of seasons. I love how different each season is. Here, its always the same. No snow, hardly any rain. If it does rain a tiny bit, all the people call it a "storm" and freak out. The winter gets chilly and we need jackets but thats it. I haven't heard a thunderstorm in years.
- Light traffic. Traffic here is one word: Horrible.
- Cost of living. If we lived in Buffalo on our incomes, we'd be in a nice house. However, it costs sooooooo much to live here. A simple old small house in Burbank would cost approximately $750,000. Yuck.
- Grass. Unless you have a house, you don't get grass. I miss having a backyard. There are several parks around but even there, the grass isn't very soft because its so dry here in CA
- Family and friends. With the exception of the Wilberts who live in Valencia, all my friends and and family are back in Buffalo. I miss out on a lot of stuff. For example, (what got me thinking and caused me to make this blog entry) right this very second I am missing two things because they are taking place in Buffalo. One is my cousin Becky's baby shower. That would have been a lot of fun. The other is my suitemates from college are having a reunion get-together. They are all going to have fun and catch up on old times. All of them are going except me. I wish I could be there.

Overall, life here is pretty neat though. We've met some good people and we have a good time. So now I ask.... If you are reading this, come out and visit us! We love visitors!

On a completely different topic: Michele and Drew are in England right now. How neat is that? I'm excited to see her pictures upon her return.

Bye for now!

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Michele said...

Yeah, it stinks not being able to go to all the gatherings. I hate missing get-togethers and parties too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home