Thursday, January 18, 2007

Bummed

I'm quite bummed. They are uping our rent. I knew they would do it after living here a year but I didn't think they'd bump it as high as they did. I'm working on getting a new job but even so, it is not enjoyable to see the rent climb. And I wonder how much and how often they're going to up it next time. Its too expensive to live.
I applied for a job at Warner Brothers a week ago. I got called in for an interview and also called for a second one. I'm really hoping I get it but I know there's other people interviewing for it too. I should find out by the beginning of next week. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It will be nice to have two incomes again once I do find that job. I was actually thinking of joining the gym. Not anymore. Life is too expensive.
I looked at apartments here in the Burbank area on craigslist and then looked at apartments for the same price in Buffalo and the difference is astounding! Grump grump grump.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

Right before we bought a house, they raised our rent. It was confirmation that we should buy a house! At least your mortage never goes up. Sure you have interest, but they payment stays the same. However, we live in a small city not with all the hype of LA.

Warner bros sounds cool. I hope it all works out for you. I can see how frustrating it is to live here and I can't imagine how annoying it is there. It seems like you never have enough money!

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad buying a house is waaaaay out of the question. The downpayment alone would be too much. Your raise in rent was not just a raise, but a hike.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Well there are some houses for rent that are somewhat reasonable which we'd like to make our next step. Since actually owning a house is out of the question, at least if we have to pay a high rent for an apartment anyway, we may as well rent a house. If we settle on the fact that we'd have to commute to work each day, some houses/townhomes out of the valley aren't completely unreasonable for renting. (did that make any sense? i'm tired.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home