Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy half birthday to me

I don't have anything interesting to post today. I just want to put up another entry. Today is my half birthday. I'm now 26 1/2. Woo.
Are you going to watch the superbowl? A lot of people are saying they aren't very excited about it because we already know who is going to win and it is boring. I'll be watching it anyway. I like the commercials too.
Work is going ok. They are still making all these changes. It seems like this whole revamping of the system is taking longer than it should. Next Wednesday I'll have worked here for one year. Sadly, I have the world's most stingy and money hungry boss in the world so I doubt I'll be getting a raise. He's said no to others who have requested one before. Pout. Oh well. I'm gaining experience here and I love my hours so I suppose that's enough for now. Bye.

5 Comments:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

I forgot that we started new jobs around the same time. My year is Tuesday. Its been fast!

 
At 3:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1/2 birthday. Don't worry about the job. You're getting valuable experience. You won't work there forever.

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly, she won't work there forever. Plain and simple, and her employer should recognize that.

You should get a raise for the cost of living at the very least. If not, I'd definitely start revising my resume. Prices and rent only continue to go up up up. How long do you have to work there till you see an increase on your paycheck?

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

most places give raises at 3 months. I am surprised you won't get one at a year. I haven't had my review yet, but I am expecting something.

They gave us a really great bonus this year too.

I don't get why employers don't like to pay people what they deserve and then they complain about how they can't keep employees!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

I did get a raise at 3 months. Nothing much. No Christmas bonuses either. He had a company party at bar/lounge of a friend he knew which means the cost reserving the place for several hours was probably free. I think employees had to pay for their own drinks too. He is truely a stooge. I have stories that would surprise you. Oh well. Not like I'll be working there forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home