Monday, December 17, 2007

Just a work vent

Work is frustrating. It is hard enough trying to keep up with everything by myself here at the front desk but what's worse is when the girls in the back get snippy toward me about missing something or having someone on hold when I have 3 other calls I'm taking care of and there are two people at the desk at the same time. They don't realize that I do the best I can and I'm only one person. One person can only do so much. I always keep scratch paper in front of me and write down things I have to remember to do later but that doesn't mean I can still get everything done perfectly. Do they think I just blow off certain jobs because I don't feel like doing it? I just wish they could understand that I'm doing the best I can. Once I mentioned something about how it is tough on the busy days. The response I got was "well that's your job". Gee...how friendly. Ugh. Oh well. I like my job.... I'm just venting. On the plus side, I've got a half day next Monday, Tuesday is off for Christmas and I'm taking that Wednesday off too. I'm very excited for that!

Update: I feel much better than I did 24 hours ago. My supervisor and I figured out just how I can fit everything into my work schedule and that eases a lot. So good!

Update again: Ok maybe not. So stressed at work. Seems nothing I did today was right. A little acknowledgement of all the stuff I've been doing good wouldn't be that hard would it? Must I only hear what is not right? I can't wait until January when things are supposed to settle down a lot.

4 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No problem, glad I could help. You're our best employee.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Drew said...

Glad things worked out. Sometimes people forget to look at things from the other's perspective.

That last comment was me, btw.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stinks that you are busy and then people aren't even nice. They must be narrow minded if they can't see you're trying your best. Sorry you have to work with them.

 
At 5:46 PM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

hang in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home