Saturday, March 31, 2007

Fire

There was a mountain fire right where I live. I was at work when it began. The mountain is so close. I went outside and saw the entire sky was orange/black with smoke. I went to the top of the parking ramp where my car was and could see the flames scaling the mountain from the bottom all the way to the top. Directly on the other side of this mountain is the Hollywood sign. The firefighters were worried that it would quickly spread and possibly ruin the sign. Good thing there was no wind yesterday. If there was any wind, the fire definately would have went over the top and got the Hollywood sign. It was pretty neat seeing the helicopters dropping water from the sky. They were able to put the fire out successfully with no damage to anything or surrounding buildings. It all began at an apartment complex where kids were playing with lighters. I took a couple pictures with my cell phone but they didn't turn out so good so here's some I found on a website.


Warner Brothers Studios was threatened by it.

I work on the other side of that tall building.


1 Comments:

At 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy F-ing S!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home