Monday, October 13, 2008

wind + fire = bad

Hi there. It is Monday morning. It's really really windy out today. When driving to work this morning I looked to my left and saw a big fire. I could smell the smoke really strong too. It is pretty bad and the worst part is that the winds are spreading it quickly. Also, they can't bring in the water helicopters yet because the winds are too strong. I'm glad I leave early for work. I hear the 5 freeway is really backed up now. Hmm. I wonder if they're gonna close the 5. In which case I'm not sure how I'll get home.

Update: Firefighters got it under control. Yay. Much more smoke than fire now.

Update again: Another fire now to the west of the other one. It's that time of year.

1 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

they have "bush" fires here and they r insane. But at least they r in the "bush" as opposed to the city...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home