Monday, August 11, 2008

Les Miserables


We went to see Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl last Friday. It was well done and the actors were all very good. The orchestra was right there on the stage. There was no big barricade or spinning stage but other than that, it was performed like a stage performance would be performed. Rosie O'Donnell was supposed to play Mme. Thenardier but she backed out which is too bad. She would have been good in that role. The thing that really bugged me was how much they cut out of the show. Songs were cut short and they left out parts that I felt were crucial to the story plot. I wondered if I didn't know the story already, would it be easy to follow? I'm sure people were confused with some of the storylines because of all the cuts.
Here's a short video I took:

2 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I talked to someone at work who was in the chorus and he said they had to cut it a lot because it was the pilharmonic's gig and their union won't let them perform over 2 1/2 hours.

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a weird reason to not play all of it. Politics...

The Phantom here in Sydney was a bit different too. I am always disappointed when I know the musical's inside out and things are different!

I am glad you got to go. I am sure that it was such a highlight for you!

R u still working your job in Burbank still?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home