Thursday, October 25, 2007

Buying houses and burning houses

Michele and Drew have officially got the house now. They will move in November. That is neat. Little by little they'll work on it and fix the things that need repairs.

The fires are much more under control now. People are now checking out the aftermath. Many houses burned down. When people talk about what they took when they had to evacuate, they always say "we grabbed our pictures and some clothes". They always say pictures. I know pictures are cherished things that people have to remember good times, but is that really what you would take when you literally have 2 minutes to grab stuff and get out? I think I'd take my important documents, pets, our coin collection, maybe some clothes,. Pictures if I had time.

6 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Blogger Drew said...

I dunno, if we didn't have all our pics on the computer (at least those from the last 7 years), I'd probably take pictures as one of the first things. Especially if you're a parent - can't imagine losing all the pics of your kids from when they were little, that would really suck. Or old shoeboxes full of pictures from the pre-digital age. They're irreplaceable.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Yeah I can see that. It is the digital age now. I'd probably take my computer CPU with me too so I'd have many of my recent pictures.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Heather Durkee said...

I posted on this before. I asked many what they would take if their house would burn down. Many said animals and pictures.

 
At 2:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't anyone else grab their computer? After all, it has pictures AND documents on it.

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, sorry, I didn't see Melinda's comment there. :)

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Drew said...

Computer would be first thing, yep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home